• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

any way around it??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Idaho

I am suppose to file our taxes and send copies and any refund to the court. OUr case should be closed the middle of this month. the problem is that this is the first year we will be getting a refund. Since we filed our electric company has made up put down a deposit of 300.00 and our bill is now 693.00 and due for shut off at teh end of the month becuase we can not pay that amount. Same with our phone company. can anyone tell me can i keep the refund to use torward these bills or is there any way around sending in the full refund to the court?

We are in such a bind right now, my husband has been unemployed for months, I barley make enough to cover our rent and food and clothes for the kids. I don't know what to do.. I thought bankruptcy would help but now I am not so sure. Everyone seems to want more money becuase we filed..

Please any advice...


Senior Member
Now you are a higher credit risk so the people extending you credit want more assurance, just like if it were a loan it would be higher interest. If you were already court ordered to turn it over then you can't keep it. You may try contacting your attorney but I think if there was a way it would already have been done. The debts you are talking about should only be since you filed. If you started all over with a 0 balance and still in this shape then you have other problems and are going to have to do something else within your income.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential