• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anybody else read this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NA for this thread

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2013/06/us/snowden-holder-letter/

No matter what anyone's opinion happens to be on this issue I really cannot believe that an attorney proposed something so absolutely impossible for the government to even remotely agree to.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

No matter what anyone's opinion happens to be on this issue I really cannot believe that an attorney proposed something so absolutely impossible for the government to even remotely agree to.
How important is this to the United States? Most people are released on bail/bond anyway. Gag orders are NOT required. Oh, the venue thing might be the most "unreasonable" request. But in what jurisdiction did he allegedly commit the crimes? England?

FlyingRon

Ain't know way that they're going to agree to that.

He's already demonstrated he was a flight risk.
He was already under a "gag" order when he took that security clearance. The fact that he has participated in treasonous violation of his commitment is how he got into this mess to begin with.
And no, they're not going to let him pick his venue. I suspect he will be heard in Alexandria (Eastern District of Virginia) unless he has a good lawyer that can argue that another venue would be the only one that could be fair. They're the ones set up for this sort of thing.

latigo

Yeah, I read that garbage.

Even more confounding is the fact that “Brucie-Boy” DOES NOT represent the fugitive nor purport to represent him in the future! So how the hell does the dope expect to cut any deal?

He has probably put out feelers to Aaron Hernandez promising to have his charges dropped if he will agree to stop chewing gum in receivers’ meetings.

And for "Brucie" to request that his “client’s” son be guaranteed his constitutional rights bespeaks of some court TV couch potato.

What it does is to illustrate that D. C. is not particular as to who is allowed to hang up a shingle.

LdiJ

How important is this to the United States? Most people are released on bail/bond anyway. Gag orders are NOT required. Oh, the venue thing might be the most "unreasonable" request. But in what jurisdiction did he allegedly commit the crimes? England?
No, that's the other guy...this one I think was working in Hawaii when he leaked a bunch of stuff.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">