• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anyone else have virus problems?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ahutchGA

What is the name of your state? GA

This is off-topic, but really important.
As you all know, I am a regular poster and lurker here. Over 100 posts and still going strong!
:)
Recently my email system has been hit with 3 viruses in 24 hours. All the same virus, different headers, etc.

I have never opened any email that I don't recognize, and my anti-virus program is pretty top of the mark, so it lets me know if something's not right.

I have absolutely no proof (ISP or otherwise) that anything came from anyone here.

Just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing these problems.

Thanks!

CMSC

aHutch, I just got a virus again last night. I have not opened any emails either and I never download without scanning. I got the NIMDA virus last night which is failry benign. Hubby is a developer for a software company so my computer is in good hands. :)

As far as IP's go, even if you could trace them it would do no good. The virus takes over a computer and then sends virus's to others from that account so if you get a virus from someone pull up full headers. In full headers it will say, "from" and "apparently from", the first from is probably the person who has the virus and the second from is who actually sent it.

But then this is not true of all virus's. Also on the NIMDA virus you need to make sure that you don't have Guest login enabled on your internet options or anywhere else. This option allows the virus to take over your computer.

I would love (or hate depending on who it is) to find out it was someone on here. But unfortunately virus's can be really random at times.

you may want to try the Anti Virus program Luke Filewalker, it will scan all of your drives and eliminate all virus's. Many of them you probably didn't know you had.

Last edited:

JaneyS4

I am getting virus after virus lately. And tons of attempts at hacking. I use norton and so far, nothings gotten through.

L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

this is a free online virus scan of your computer. someone I know and trust sent this link to me last week because she had an annoying but harmless virus in her yahoo pager. she found 3 infected files in her computer and this scan also told her how to fix them. I ran a scan on both my puters and they were both clean thank goodness.

http://housecall.antivirus.com/

CMSC

Oh, also, someone on this forum could be sending all of us a virus through HTML. All they would have to type is "hello" and it is as simple as that, all who read it become infected, is how I understand it.

N

njmom

Question?

Do you guys think it could have been those nasty pictures that were sent on the board?...Yes, I have had problems with viruses too, just didn't pin point it to here, but it's a real good point, because this is really the only place I go in the internet....scarey!
I too do not open anything unusual. By the way Lil Miss thanks for the house call info, I just got done using it!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">