• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anyone try the Tipmra, or ticketkiller.com system?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

useranon

What is the name of your state? NYS

I've found these two sites (there are probably others), that sell you scripts of what to read in court, among other documents: tipmra.com, and ticketkiller.com. They are known as "trial by ambush" methods, in which you dispute admitted evidence and have a response for theoretically everything the prosecutor and judge can throw at you. The goal is to waste so much time and to annoy the judge/prosecution so that they call for dismissal just to get you out of their hair.

It's an interesting concept, and they claim high success, but has anyone used a service like this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

useranon said:
What is the name of your state? NYS

I've found these two sites (there are probably others), that sell you scripts of what to read in court, among other documents: tipmra.com, and ticketkiller.com. They are known as "trial by ambush" methods, in which you dispute admitted evidence and have a response for theoretically everything the prosecutor and judge can throw at you. The goal is to waste so much time and to annoy the judge/prosecution so that they call for dismissal just to get you out of their hair.

It's an interesting concept, and they claim high success, but has anyone used a service like this?

My response:

Yes, I'm using ticketkiller.com and I'm on my 17th appearance for a lousy jaywalking ticket. The prosecutor is using defendantkiller.com against me, and it's push and shove all the way! I think I'm wearing him down. We should have this wrapped up by my 23rd appearance.

IAAL

Pugilist

I will be very interested in the serious answers to this question. (I apologize for the post by IAAL - he cannot resist compulsion to post some kind of tongue-in-cheek answer.)

I go to court a lot, but don't have any info specifically about those two products. But I do know what traffic court judges do when you start to read from a script. You get about 10 words into it and they interrupt you and ask you to summarize your case. Or, they start asking you the relevance of your questions. They DO NOT LIKE canned presentations.

Pug

Last edited:
I have used http://www.BeatMySpeedingTicket.com with good success. Although it is referred to as a Trial by Ambush method, it is more about having the proper knowledge to confront your "accuser". It also provides some interesting perspectives. What I did determine in the process is that it was probably more important (or at least as important) to know the case law (ie: superior court decisions) as the laws themselves.

I have used the methods presented to have 2 tickets dismissed (97 in 65 and 84 in 65) and 1 reduced (51 in 35) in the past 2 years.

And yes I did pay the $29.97 for their book, but I think you can see it was worth it.

Although I know I shouldn't, I am unable to refrain from responding.

I don't suppose just FOLLOWING THE RULES OF THE ROAD has occurred to anyone?!?
Unfortunately the "RULES OF THE ROAD" appear to have more to do with revenue generation than safety. And please, do not bring up the "SPEED KILLS" thing. I just returned from Germany and if SPEED KILLS, the Autobahn would be a slaughterhouse.

I think people have more of a tendency to pay attention travelling at 135 versus 65 (I know I did), which can get pretty tiring after several hours. I am personally of the belief that careless driving is much more of a problem than speeding.

Or maybe those Europeans are just better drivers than us.

CdwJava

loulblades said:
Unfortunately the "RULES OF THE ROAD" appear to have more to do with revenue generation than safety.
Not in CA it isn't. I can't speak for every state, but if it were about the money, all my officers would have chalk sticks and pads of parking tickets.

And please, do not bring up the "SPEED KILLS" thing. I just returned from Germany and if SPEED KILLS, the Autobahn would be a slaughterhouse.
When they do have a collision, they tend to be quite serious ... speed CAN make the difference between survival and death.

When the citizens of a state and community insist that traffic enforcement cease, it will. In most communities they are screaming for speed and other enforcement. We get complaints of people speeding through residential neighborhoods, blowing stop signs, and blowing red lights all the time. As long as that is where the concerns of the community are, that is where we shall focus our efforts.

- Carl

WHAT!!!

Driving within the law tends to keep one out of court.

- Carl
And whos law are you refering too? Obviously it's not the Statutes, as if it were, then NO cop in the WORLD would say that you were doing 30 in a 25 when actually you were doing 44!!!! This has nothing to do with sympathy, You are told to adhere to all laws, and to enforce ALL laws as they are written,. By affirming to 30 in a 25 when actually they were doing 44, you are LYING under oath not free from penalty or perjury.

Get out of here with all your high and mighty " I ALWAYS OBEY THE LAW" attitude..

Proserpina

And whos law are you refering too? Obviously it's not the Statutes, as if it were, then NO cop in the WORLD would say that you were doing 30 in a 25 when actually you were doing 44!!!! This has nothing to do with sympathy, You are told to adhere to all laws, and to enforce ALL laws as they are written,. By affirming to 30 in a 25 when actually they were doing 44, you are LYING under oath not free from penalty or perjury.

Get out of here with all your high and mighty " I ALWAYS OBEY THE LAW" attitude..

And what exactly is your dysfunction?

Your posts have been reported.

Do NOT dig up FIVE year old threads.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">