• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anything i can do after warranty?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nyelk

I live in New York. I bought a 2005 santa fe with 77,000 miles for 5,000 at the end of december. Car was throwing codes and misfiring. Brought it to the nearest shop and they said they fixed it. Driving home that night it did alll the same things .Got ahold of the shop i bought it from they worked on it and thought they fixed it. Three weeks later it all came again called the shop i bought it from and they took the car replaced all sparkplugs coil packs and wires. It is now the beginning of march and im having the same problems and same codes. The warranty is about a month and two weeks expired. Is there anything i can do because it is the same problem from the start?

PayrollHRGuy

You don't say when you first took it into the shop for warranty work. If it is the same issue and the warranty was in place then and they didn't fix the problem it should still be covered. Assuming the issue was covered to begin with.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
And assuming that it actually is the same issue and not just one with similar symptoms.

nyelk

Yes the original issue was stalling out and the codes were always misfiring cylinders. This is what happened everytime there was an issue. I first brought it nov.20th. My first problem was in december after christmas then again Jan. 3rd then again Jan.10th. I get a 60 day warranty and it does cover the misfiring.

nyelk

I should aslo say that the garage/used car dealer closed about a week or two after purchasing the vehicle. I was never told about it buying the car they had been there for 50 years. When the car first stalled i called him and he told me to get it fixed whereever was close and he paided for it. The second two ti es he did the work.

Zigner

How long has the car been out of your hands for service? Your warranty should be extended that number of days. So, if you didn't have use of the vehicle for 3 weeks and you are now 6 weeks out of warranty, you're likely out of luck.

nyelk

Car was out of service for 2 weeks. So with it being the same issues and codes being fired istill dont have a leg to stand on?

Zigner

I had an
Car was out of service for 2 weeks. So with it being the same issues and codes being fired istill dont have a leg to stand on?
You really don't know that it the same issue - it's just the same symptom. I had a similar problem in my 2004 Isuzu - about every 100 miles, it would have a misfire in a random cylinder. I changed the coils, plugs, etc. The only thing that "fixed" the problem for me was running a fuel system cleaner through the system a few times. Fixed is in quotes because it extended the time between codes to about 1,500 miles.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">