• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

APA mis administration and 14th amendment due process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skaht

New Mexico state programs and entities have violated our rights involving ERAP benefits. Eligibility was confirmed by email with promise of contact within 72 hours. No contact was made. Attempts to correct this was futile, as no response was received. State supreme court established Eviction Prevention and Diversion Program contacted us with offer of same benefits. Refused to acknowledge prior eligibility. This was a "No Fault Eviction". EPDP collected family personal information and log in credentials for ERAP benefits dashboard. Navigator took in excess of a month to confirm submission and expedition of application. Offered unusable hotel vouchers in substitution of actual benefits. Refused any appeal or access to dispute. Department of Financial Administration state oversight later stated "no application s in family name ever submitted". Access to legal representation has been impossible due to cited conflicts of interest or out of scope of practice. No corrective actions have been instituted despite evidence of wrongdoing presented to state officials. Filing of federal case Pro'Se all that remains as resolution. How can a family left homeless and destitue get assistance in a matter such as this? We are not legally trained or experienced. To be pitted against state attourneys would be miscarriage of justice.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You meed to focus on your immediate situation, as any action through the courts (especially federal courts) is not a short-term solution for what you've described.

skaht

You meed to focus on your immediate situation, as any action through the courts (especially federal courts) is not a short-term solution for what you've described.
We have semi recovered from the homelessness for now. But the state continues to disregard our requests for corrective actions and federal agencies and their OIGs have refused actions as well. They all suggest getting representation which seems impossible in 28months and over 1000 man hours of search we still have only conflict of interest or out of scope of practice from those that respond we are getting closer to statutes of limitations. We have prepared a complaint and associated motions and pleadings to file Pro'Se but we have already seen how the bias goes in those situations at least in state courts.

quincy

We have semi recovered from the homelessness for now. But the state continues to disregard our requests for corrective actions and federal agencies and their OIGs have refused actions as well. They all suggest getting representation which seems impossible in 28months and over 1000 man hours of search we still have only conflict of interest or out of scope of practice from those that respond we are getting closer to statutes of limitations. We have prepared a complaint and associated motions and pleadings to file Pro'Se but we have already seen how the bias goes in those situations at least in state courts.
ACLU New Mexico: https://www.aclu-nm.org/legal-services

The University of New MexicoSchool of Law:

https://libguides.law.unm.edu/c.php?g=244026&p=1625814

https://lawlibrary.unm.edu

Good luck.

skaht

The ACLU and law library as well as every other entity in the legal community of New Mexico has refused denied or ignored our attempts to get counsel. They cite conflict of interest or out of scope of practice mostly or just don't respond. This is most likely as a result of our to be named defendants being of state bar licenced attourneys and state supreme court established program as well as officials from assistance programs MFA and DFA. We have tried everything to get representation over 1000 majors and approximately 400 denials. Disability rights NM told us we were not important enough to spend any of their budget on .
I have turned to an alternative sour e of assistance and have been preparing documents to file Pro'Se. Definitely not my first choice but the only one Ian left with.
I continue to contact and file complaints and requests for corrective actions and investigations into our situation with all of the federal agencies. I have reached out to media and I investigative Journalists, I am currently in contact with HRW and the UN. I've contacted the Whitehouse commission on civil rights and the council of OIGs. All we can do from every suggestion by anyone we have done and followed up on.

quincy

The ACLU and law library as well as every other entity in the legal community of New Mexico has refused denied or ignored our attempts to get counsel. They cite conflict of interest or out of scope of practice mostly or just don't respond. This is most likely as a result of our to be named defendants being of state bar licenced attourneys and state supreme court established program as well as officials from assistance programs MFA and DFA. We have tried everything to get representation over 1000 majors and approximately 400 denials. Disability rights NM told us we were not important enough to spend any of their budget on .
I have turned to an alternative sour e of assistance and have been preparing documents to file Pro'Se. Definitely not my first choice but the only one Ian left with.
I continue to contact and file complaints and requests for corrective actions and investigations into our situation with all of the federal agencies. I have reached out to media and I investigative Journalists, I am currently in contact with HRW and the UN. I've contacted the Whitehouse commission on civil rights and the council of OIGs. All we can do from every suggestion by anyone we have done and followed up on.
The law library is for your own research, if you are unable to find legal assistance elsewhere.

Yours is not an easy task so attorneys are unlikely to take it on without you financing their efforts.

skaht

Yes sir but I have all of the necceary evidence if I could find a contingency attourney he could get paid out of the settlement for the civil rights violations

Zigner

Yes sir but I have all of the necceary evidence if I could find a contingency attourney he could get paid out of the settlement for the civil rights violations
Nothing you've said here seems to point to civil rights violations.

LdiJ

If you cannot find an attorney willing to take it on contingency, then that means that none of the attorneys that you have consulted consider the case to be a viable/winnable one. An attorney will not take a case on contingency unless they think that there is a reasonable chance of winning or settling the case. I have no opinion whatsoever on your case so there is no need to argue it with me. I am merely giving you information.

quincy

You are unlikely to find any attorney willing to put his own time and his own money into this, on the very off chance he will eventually be able to recover his expenses.

You can use the links I provided earlier to check out legal resources in your area, though. Perhaps the law school clinic staffed by students is an area worth exploring.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Skaht, are you posting here looking for an attorney to represent you? If so, I have to tell you that we can't do that. We are not a referral service and reputable attorneys do not troll message boards looking for clients. In any case, I don't believe any New Mexico attorneys follow the board.

skaht

I haven't found any civil rights violations attourneys that work on contingency. Not that are in New Mexico. All of the other law experts I've shown a of my evidence to tell me it's a good case. I have a law professor in California that works with a legal aid group that is overseeing my documents for quality and structure in my arguments. And he says very easy win

Zigner

I believe the general consenus is that, if you wish to have any hope of success, you will need an attorney.
My personal opinion is that you have no case, but that's based only on what you've told us, particularly how you haven't even shown a hint of a civil rights violation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">