• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apartment seached

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

So i've been googling around and it seems an anonymous tip can give probable cause. What info do you have on that if someone says wearing one of these masks is a drug lab in a tip. I mean it seams ridiculous.
In CA an anonymous tip would definitively NOT grant probable cause to make entry into a person's apartment.

As I previously mentioned, I strongly suspect that the police had much more than your wearing a respirator mask to go on. Likely when you left the apartment, or were working, the chemical odor was noted by some of your neighbors and caused concern. They either reported it to management who called the police, or they called the police directly. That is how these things often tend to play out. And these are not uncommon sorts of calls - about chemical odors, that is. And, generally, unless the officers can also smell the odor outside, they are not likely to force entry as they started to do here.

In CA an anonymous tip would definitively NOT grant probable cause to make entry into a person's apartment.

As I previously mentioned, I strongly suspect that the police had much more than your wearing a respirator mask to go on. Likely when you left the apartment, or were working, the chemical odor was noted by some of your neighbors and caused concern. They either reported it to management who called the police, or they called the police directly. That is how these things often tend to play out. And these are not uncommon sorts of calls - about chemical odors, that is. And, generally, unless the officers can also smell the odor outside, they are not likely to force entry as they started to do here.
well ill call them and see what they say then.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer

Maybe they were unfamiliar with the smell of cleaners. :ROFLMAO: If the place is a sty, and the other residents are used to the stench, that Ajax must be a mysterious scent.

Maybe they were unfamiliar with the smell of cleaners. :ROFLMAO: If the place is a sty, and the other residents are used to the stench, that Ajax must be a mysterious scent.
I was cleaning my balcony with bleach once there and a lady told me not use bleach because it smelled. I've seen a lot of people like this even cleaning ladies that don't believe in using strong cleaners like bleach and get angry when you tell them to. It doesn't bother me because when you find out there puking over a toliet from viruses/food poisoning/flu it's all you could have hope they deserved.

Place was full of fleas also. You could feel them biting you all the time. Half the dogs literally had those plastic cones around there necks so they wouldn't bite the fleas off. What happens is if you don't things like bleach then everyone doesn't like things like advantix because its another thing professionals use or people with brains. They assume you can wipe down the counter with ammonia or windex however theres still flu and viruses on it that will make you throw up. Or that you can wash the dog or wait and the fleas will disappear but they don't. So what you get is an apartment complex where your dog is guaranteed to get fleas, your guaranteed to throw up, and everyone calls your house a drug lab and wastes your time having it searched.

At least Im pretty sure thats why half the dogs had the collars on as it was the only place in town where dogs had collars on. Which makes me things theres an infection or fleas going on or something.

Last edited:

quincy

well ill call them and see what they say then.
I sort of skipped over the whole chemical reaction bit of your post previously but shouldn't have.

Sodium hypochlorite mixed with ammonia produces a toxic gas called chloramine. In other words, bleach + Ajax = smell bad enough to attract attention of residents and police.

You probably didn't notice it because you were wearing a face mask.

Don't mix cleaning products without reading the WARNINGs on the product labels.

Last edited:
I sort of skipped over the whole chemical reaction bit of your post previously but shouldn't have.

Sodium hypochloride mixed with ammonia produces a toxic gas called chloramine. In other words, bleach + Ajax = smell bad enough to attract attention of residents and police.

You probably didn't notice it because you were wearing a face mask.

Don't mix cleaning products without reading the WARNINGs on the product labels.
Well I don't use those together I use bleach in the toliet and ajax on the sinks. Doesnt ajax have bleach in it. You mean ammonia and bleach not ajax? And I use ajax, bleach, and ammonia seperately. Only ammonia if disinfect is not needed and bleach and ajax pick up dirt like ammonia so ammonia is not need if using one of those.

Edit: i looked up that sodium hypochloride is bleach, and i do not use ammonia when bleaching. Ammonia is for picking up dirt and grime. While bleach is to disinfect but also picks up dirt and grime. You just use ammonia for dirt because bleach is expensive.

Last edited:

quincy

Well I don't use those together I use bleach in the toliet and ajax on the sinks. Doesnt ajax have bleach in it. You mean ammonia and bleach not ajax? And I use ajax, bleach, and ammonia seperately. Only ammonia if disinfect is not needed and bleach and ajax pick up dirt like ammonia so ammonia is not need if using one of those.

Edit: i looked up that sodium hypochloride is bleach, and i do not use ammonia when bleaching. Ammonia is for picking up dirt and grime. While bleach is to disinfect but also picks up dirt and grime. You just use ammonia for dirt because bleach is expensive.
If you didn't mix the cleaning products to create a noxious toxic smell, then we are back to you having to call the police to solve the mystery.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Bleach is sodium hydrochlorite and Ajax has ammonia.

If you didn't mix the cleaning products to create a noxious toxic smell, then we are back to you having to call the police to solve the mystery.

Good luck.
Ok I didn't mix those as the ajax i had already has bleach in it. I also have another question. If your stopped by the police either on foot/on your property/ or in your vehicle. Do you have to tell them about your criminal record? I've seen a lot of police ask me "Have you been arrested in the past year" or "have you ever been arrested before?" My question is do you have to answer that question as it doesn't sound like you have to in the law but they sure make it seem like you do. Im assuming it's covered by the 5th amendment to stay silent.

Last edited:

quincy

Ok I didn't mix those as the ajax i had already has bleach in it. I also have another question. If your stopped by the police either on foot/on your property/ or in your vehicle. Do you have to tell them about your criminal record? I've seen a lot of police ask me "Have you been arrested in the past year" or "have you ever been arrested before?" My question is do you have to answer that question as it doesn't sound like you have to in the law but they sure make it seem like you do.
Read the ACLU link information provided to you earlier. It explains your rights.

Read the ACLU link information provided to you earlier. It explains your rights.
Ok from what i can tell from the link i don't have to answer unless they ask for your name in some states. Also that you have to provide license, registration, and insurance if your in a car.

Last edited:

quincy

Ok from what i can tell from the link i don't have to answer unless they ask for your name in some states. Also that you have to provide license, registration, and insurance if your in a car.
The ACLU has a printable wallet size "Know Your Rights" card that you might want to carry and refer to if stopped and questioned by the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">