• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appealing a Small Claims court judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Joyce Warren

What is the name of your state? INDIANA How do I go about appealing a judgement entered against me by a small claims court judge..This was not a court of record, I filed a motion to reconsider, which she promptly denied. Then I got hold of some evidence that was kept from me, even after I requested it in writing; before the initial court date. So I submitted a motion to set aside the judgement and the garnishment order.. She has denied that, and suggested I file an appeal, which will go to the Superior court, which is a court of record. I don't know how to start, and can I ask for some sort of punitive damages on an appeal???



Look in the Indiana Statutes Annotated under appeals. It will explain the process involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential