• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appealing child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



nc - my husband hired an attorney to have his child support reduced because of special circumstances. we have 2 children and i am disabled. he went to court and his attorney presented all the facts and the plaintiff was there with her attorney and had nothing (receipts, pay stubs,etc) and she stated she just quit a job earning $10.00 an hour to go to work for $8.50 an hour because she was having to work long hours to support her and the child. they were never married. the judge did not reduce the child support. how do we appeal and to what court? please help because his child support payments are ridiculous.



If that hearing was decided by a Hearing Examiner than you can file an objection within 30 day, the other party can file a rebuttal to the Ojections. If it was heard by a family court judge than you have 30 days to appeal the appellate division of the supreme court

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential