• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeals process

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SMart7751

What is the name of your state? New Jersey. We live in a single family zoned area. The house next door was sold and the new owner immediately moved in approximately a dozen to a dozen and a half people, setting the property up as a boarding house. Acting Pro Sae, He has been convicted in Municipal Court of the zoning violation, and has been issued a summons for a second violation. During his appearance, he informed the Court that he has, or is, filing a written appeal on the first conviction and was given a postponement.

A. What is the time limit after conviction, on the filing of this appeal?

B. After filing, how long does it take before a disposition is reached?

C. How do I go about finding more information concerning the exact status of this matter?

D. Is this the correct place for this posting?

Any guidance will be very much appreciated.

Steve

HomeGuru

SMart7751 said:
What is the name of your state? New Jersey. We live in a single family zoned area. The house next door was sold and the new owner immediately moved in approximately a dozen to a dozen and a half people, setting the property up as a boarding house. Acting Pro Sae, He has been convicted in Municipal Court of the zoning violation, and has been issued a summons for a second violation. During his appearance, he informed the Court that he has, or is, filing a written appeal on the first conviction and was given a postponement.

A. What is the time limit after conviction, on the filing of this appeal?

**A: I don't know but he will lose.

B. After filing, how long does it take before a disposition is reached?

**A: see above.

C. How do I go about finding more information concerning the exact status of this matter?

**A: ask a local real estate attorney.

D. Is this the correct place for this posting?

**A: yes.

Any guidance will be very much appreciated.

Steve
**A: no problem.

S

SMart7751

Thank-you for your reassurance. By asking about time limitations were hoping for some indication as to possibly when we might look forward to this being resolved, as his situation has been very upsetting to my family and myself. This home is only 25 feet from ours.

HomeGuru

SMart7751 said:
Thank-you for your reassurance. By asking about time limitations were hoping for some indication as to possibly when we might look forward to this being resolved, as his situation has been very upsetting to my family and myself. This home is only 25 feet from ours.
**A: please consult with a local attorney as we are too far removed from the case and do not know the intimate details, have not reviewed the appropriate documentation and are not familiar with your specifc local county zoning issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">