• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Apples Aren't Oranges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray1963

Ummm.. you are an idiot. I am at a doctorate level as I have a JD. I have always tested higher than my education. You are making ignorant assumptions and proving yourself a fool. Continue with that. I also have an IQ that is in the top 99% of the country. Proven by proper tests and not those on the internet. I could probably join MENSA if I decided but I have not. This is all fact. So continue with your ignorance.
There's nothing more to be said, is there? If you believed what I had said you'd understand why having a higher IQ isn't what's most needed in this society, but a way to growth ourselves more deeply in our emotional awareness, which includes kindness, respect, empathy, openness, vulnerability, the ability to truly listen...we need a deeper cultivation of these things, not intellectual debate. I'm not arguing with you because I see you as a friend and a fellow traveler. If I have unfashionable beliefs, well I can't help that, but I'm not going to disown those beliefs because somebody wants to call me foolish for having them. Something Saint Francis said is something that resonates with me. "I'd like to be a new kind of fool that the world has never seen!" Now that kind of understanding can make changes. You sound like you're very fulfilled with your degrees and your academic performance, I love learning, I've read over 1,240 books in my internet book club, it's great stuff and I wish you continued success....meanwhile I'll keep pursuing my own degree in Crazy Wisdom and put on my jester's cap and bid you adeiu! lol

Ray1963

Workers' Compensation is a type of insurance that is required in most states for most employers. Guess when it pays. If you guessed a win a worker is injured on the job you would be correct. Not when somebody gets their feeling hurt.
Sorry, you're wrong, it covers hurt feelings! Psychiatric injuries are covered under Workman's Comp. No need to apologize, we all make mistakes. Take a gander: https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/california-workers-comp-recovering-mental-emotional-injuries.html

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I made the comment I did about your age because you still believe that if you tell someone something they don't want to hear, but is to their benefit to know, they will thank you for it. To still believe that, you have to be either very young and inexperienced, or emotionally immature. You're the one who brought up emotional maturity - I was giving you a break by assuming it was youth and inexperience and not developmental immaturity. And I never mentioned IQ at all.

And no, workers compensation does not cover hurt feelings and the link you posted does not say it does.

Ray1963

You aren't in Califonia and what you describe in the OP wouldn't be covered even in that state.
Do I know that it isn't covered here? That's why I'm here to find this kind of information out. If California is covering it other states are sure to follow. Do you know for sure that the Washington State Legislature won't pass coverage of this anytime soon? Or that it's not being currently discussed. I can assure you it is. Why do I say that? Because this is a progressive state. Washington was one of the first states to legalize marijuana. I'm talking about the mentality of people who live here. How are you so sure that it won't be covered here? Have you been talking with attorneys here in Washington that you know this for sure? I was simply informing you of an error in what you said, no need to have your feelings hurt over this.

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Do I know that it isn't covered here? That's why I'm here to find this kind of information out. If California is covering it other states are sure to follow. Do you know for sure that the Seattle State Legislature won't pass coverage of this anytime soon? Or that it's not being currently discussed. I can assure you it is. Why do I say that? Because this is a progressive state. Washington was one of the first states to legalize marijuana. I'm talking about the mentality of people who live here. How are you so sure that it won't be covered here? Have you been talking with attorneys here in Seattle that you know this for sure? I was simply informing you of an error in what you said, no need to have your feelings hurt over this.
Hunh?

1) Seattle is not a state. Seattle is a city. Therefore there is no Seattle State Legislature.
2) Olympia is the capitol of Washington state; the Washington State Legislature meets in Olympia, not Seattle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">