• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Application for deafult filed Vs. me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vincef

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My son (16 y/o) was in an accident, Insurance was not effective when it happened, he was at fault. State Farm asked for 3800.00 I was able to make payments, they said no payments but they'd take 2300.00 to settle.

18 mos later..I get a summons, now they want 9800.00
I respond to the summons asking to see a judge.
2 months later I get the same summons again...I didn't respond because it was the same summons. Now I get an application for default and have 10 days to respond...what do I do?

Thanks

Vince

stephenk

respond within 10 days. did you get a copy of your prior response stamped by the court? Did you ever serve the other side with your response? Was the second summons you were served with have the same case number as the first summons?

vincef

>>respond within 10 days. I plan to. Is it the same process?

How do I get this seen before a judge?

>>did you get a copy of your prior response stamped by the court? Yes

>>Did you ever serve the other side with your response? No

>>Was the second summons you were served with have the same case >>number as the first summons?

Yes

Thank You

stephenk

send a copy of the stamped response to the other side's attorney and demand that the request for default be withdrawn.

Whatever you file with the court must be served on the other side.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">