• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Applications lied on and Denied!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lawGuy

I have a roommate that is calling recruiters telling them my application is a lie. I don’t have proof he is doing it but know through an anonymous source and the fact that he has gone through my emails.

Anybody know how I can go about getting proof?

***Update***
I also forgot to state that the recruiter reach out initially stating I would be a good fit, to then turn around two days later saying they are moving forward with other candidates.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have a roommate that is calling recruiters telling them my application is a lie. I don’t have proof he is doing it but know through an anonymous source and the fact that he has gone through my emails.

How does he have access to your emails?

Don't worry about getting proof. If he has lied to the recruiters, then even if you prove it, they will think of you as a problem child. Move on and find other recruiters.

But first, change your password and use MFA (multi-factor-authentication).

zddoodah

I have a roommate that is calling recruiters telling them my application is a lie.
Application for what? I'm not sure what sort of recruiter you're talking about. However, if I were a job recruiter, I'd be dealing with resumes, not applications. Moreover, if some rando called me and said, "Bob's application is a lie!" I'd hang up on him. Have you spoken with any of the recruiters to whom you sent your application to discuss what you believe is happening? If not, why not? If so, what happened as a result? Have you spoken with your roommate about this? If not, why not? If so, what happened as a result?

I don’t have proof he is doing it but know through an anonymous source
An anonymous source? What is this...deep throat? Are you saying that some person whose identity you don't know either called you or wrote you and accused your roommate of doing this? Why would you believe something like that?

and the fact that he has gone through my emails.
Huh? First, why does your roommate have your email password or otherwise have the ability to access your email account? Second, what possible relevance could your roommate going through your emails have to do with him calling recruiters?

No. No one here will have the slightest idea.

Go find your own place.
'Cause it's just that easy....

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Moreover, if some rando called me and said, "Bob's application is a lie!" I'd hang up on him.
^^^^This.

40+ years in some form of HR including recruiting, done my fair share of hiring. No recruiter is going to automatically put you in the no-hire pile on the basis of a random call from an unknown person.

lawGuy

I don’t see any answer on how you would go about this assuming it were true. I guess it’s one of those tough luck situations.

Just Blue

I don’t see any answer on how you would go about this assuming it were true. I guess it’s one of those tough luck situations.
Gee...it would help if you were to post the state as you were asked to do. Each state has different laws.

quincy

What has been the result of the (supposed) roommate calling recruiters and telling them your application is a lie?

Have you lied on these applications?

Here is a link to an overview of defamation law in the state of Virginia, published by the Digital Media Law Project (2014):
https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/virginia-defamation-law

lawGuy

What has been the result of the (supposed) roommate calling recruiters and telling them your application is a lie?

Have you lied on these applications?

Here is a link to an overview of defamation law in the state of Virginia, published by the Digital Media Law Project (2014):
https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/virginia-defamation-law
Did not lie, just looking for a way to confirm they are calling. Calling the recruiter will just look more suspicious.

lawGuy

^^^^This.

40+ years in some form of HR including recruiting, done my fair share of hiring. No recruiter is going to automatically put you in the no-hire pile on the basis of a random call from an unknown person.
I disagree. If I received a call from someone saying they know the applicant and that they have lied on the resume I’m putting them a couple spots back in the long list of applicants.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">