• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Applying for a student visa + my mom has a ban in the US will that affect me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doves6

Hi, I'm applying for a student Visa. My mother had a legal issue in the states a few years ago and before anything was settled we left the states. She has a ban to go back to the states. I was a child (11yrs olds) when all that happened and still to this day do not know the whole story. I was wondering if this could affect the chances of them approving my visa... ( we were in the country legally). If they ask me in the interview about my mom, what should I say? ( I still live with her)

PayrollHRGuy

It shouldn't be a problem and you should not lie. You were 11 at the time. You really shouldn't be expected to remember any details of her issue.

Last edited:

t74

Always tell the truth.

Just because some act will not prevent you from getting a visa, no visa - even those for study = is guaranteed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">