• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

applying for teaching job, but pregnant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kewers

I am graduating from a private university this week. I am really looking forward to a full-time teaching job. However, I am one month pregnant. I would need maternity leave my first year there. I know they cannot refuse to hire me based on my condition, but they could always find another reason. Do I try to hide it and tell them after I get hired? If I do that, I would look dishonest. I really need this job, but I'm afraid I'll never get hired like this.

J

jd

Why not substitute for your first year, getting both experience and flexability to deal with issues such as doctor's appointments, morning sicknees, etc? In reality, your first year will be difficult enough, trying to learn the ropes - and leaving your students after less than half a year certainly shows no real interest for the education of the students, but your personal selfish motives. Not very impressive impression for your first year in a real career, is it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">