• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Approved dental claim not being paid.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DentalDilema

Help, I have a problem. My dentist made it seem that the work I needed done on my front teeth was needing to be done soon. The problem I am having is that I am going by the word of my dentist (which has now changed) where they said that after talking to my insurance they were going to cover it at 50% so we better hurry and get it done quickly. My husband's insurance gave them the approval (told the dentist for the work being done, no pretreatment estimation was needed- though they were faxed the entire workup of all work needed for my teeth-and that the work was covered at 50%). It is now 8 months since the completion of the work. My insurance is stating no they will not cover it. His former employer's insurance changed carriers (we were unaware of all claims needing to be resolved due to him changing jobs) and now the claim that was submitted is still unpaid. The dentist does not want to resubmit anything anymore. They are coming after us now. Is there any legal recourse we can use to get my husband's former employer to pay out the claim. We have tried to find the former insurance but all phone numbers and addresses come back as either unknown or disconnected.

Please help, I am looking at a 2,000 bill in the midst of switching jobs.

Thanks for listening.

ALawyer

Tell the former employer you need his help and if that does not work, sue in small claims court or complain to the State Insurance Department or US Labor Department.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">