• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

apt lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chapter7filer

What is the name of your state? colorado

I turned in bk worksheets today, lawyer says it will take 7-10 adys to prepare documents then I will review and sign.

As soon as this is done I will immed, be moving out of state and will drive back for 341 meeting.

I have 5months left on apt lease which is included in bk, I havent said anything to apt office yet, so my plan is just to empty apt and move and leave keys and a note to the apt office that Im filing BK and had to leave immed.

Any suggestions on this situation? any body been through this??

bigun

As long as you have 'em include in the filing there is nothing they can do. What I would caution you on is the possibility that without a final walk through with the manager they may well claim you damaged something intentionally and try and have the claim disallowed. I think I'd tell 'em face to face and schedule a final inspection and get something signed saying the place isn't trashed.

Ladynred

Just a thought..

As a precaution against any B.S. claims by your landlord, I'd take LOTS of pictures of the empty apt before you leave it. If they try and make any ridiculous claims, you will have proof in the photos that the apt was NOT left in any unsatisfactory condition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">