• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are Airline Crash Pads Legal in Unincorporated Los Angeles County?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Are what's known as airline crash pads legal in single-family homes in unincorporated Los Angeles County? Currently, I have two roommates that have been here for over 10 years. I assume that if I rent the other two bedrooms to flight attendants or pilots that wouldn't be a problem -- just two more roommates. But what if I put two beds in one of the bedrooms meaning there would be six people living here? Are there occupancy laws? License laws? Although I don't plan to do it, but just for the sake of argument, what if I put two sets of bunk beds in one of the bedrooms making it eight people living here?

LdiJ

Are what's known as airline crash pads legal in single-family homes in unincorporated Los Angeles County? Currently, I have two roommates that have been here for over 10 years. I assume that if I rent the other two bedrooms to flight attendants or pilots that wouldn't be a problem -- just two more roommates. But what if I put two beds in one of the bedrooms meaning there would be six people living here? Are there occupancy laws? License laws? Although I don't plan to do it, but just for the sake of argument, what if I put two sets of bunk beds in one of the bedrooms making it eight people living here?
If there are any laws controlling occupancy they would be local ordinances. It is unlikely that 2 adults to a bedroom would violate any local ordinances. More than that would have a greater chance. However, what would be the bigger risk is that you would be considered to be a boarding house once you get beyond a certain point, and those do have different rules.

What you want is a consult with a local attorney who specializes in real estate rental issues from the landlord's side of things.

quincy

I agree with LdiJ that you will need to consult with an attorney in your area to determine if your plans would violate any local codes or ordinances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">