• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are bypass patients insurable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

purplerosz

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My 44 year old fiance had a bypass in December, 2003. He went to rehab, and is fully recovered now. We have tried to get life insurance for him, but have been denied. We thought if we tried to get a policy with the "no exam required" companies, there would not be a problem But since they ask 3 questions, and one of them is related to the heart, it was denied. Is there any insurance company that offers life insurance with no medical exam, or that will insure for bypass patients? Any suggestions?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

purplerosz said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia

My 44 year old fiance had a bypass in December, 2003. He went to rehab, and is fully recovered now. We have tried to get life insurance for him, but have been denied. We thought if we tried to get a policy with the "no exam required" companies, there would not be a problem But since they ask 3 questions, and one of them is related to the heart, it was denied. Is there any insurance company that offers life insurance with no medical exam, or that will insure for bypass patients? Any suggestions?

My response:

I think you misunderstood the purpose of this site. This is a "legal" question and answer site. You did not have a "legal" question. We don't make "recommendations" for insurance or insurability.

IAAL

ALawyer

He's absolutely right.

As a matter of general help many insurance companies will insure people with serious health conditions at a MUCH higher premium. They are known as "rated policies". Go not to an insurance company as such but to an experienced broker specializng in "rated policies".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">