• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are Fringe benefits Legally Binding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swifty

New York State

My employer has paid for my masters degree however, I wish to seek employment elsewhere now. Over the past year the CEO was forced to resign due to fraud and the CFO for sexual harassment. The atmosphere is not conducive to morale and not pleasant at all. Additionally, due to the organization's lack of concern for legal regulations overall, I do not wish to be associated with the company.

I signed no agreement for the payment of my education. It was a verbal agreement with the last CFO if I agreed to continue my employment and not take another job offer at the time.

However, there is a company policy which states that for each 100.00 spend on education, employees must give the organization 1 month of employment.

My question is, are policies legally binding?

I would appreciate any insight into this matter.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In most cases, policies per se are not legally binding. However, it depends on the policy, the company, and how it is presented. If you are asking whether or not this policy is binding in your specific situation I'm sorry but we can't tell. You'll need to take any documentation you may have to a local attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">