• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are these reasonable fees & terms for a lawyer to help with LLC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
It is not necessarily a bad sign .. but I might be reluctant to hire an attorney who doesn't have an office outside his home.
There is nothing automatically good or bad about a lawyer working from his/her home. There are all kinds of arrangements that lawyers use to meet their particular needs in their practice. I'd focus on the skills of the lawyer, not what kind of office he or she has. Some clients get sucked into thinking that the lawyers with the fanciest offices are the best ones — some lawyers get fancy offices just for that reason. But I've seen some lousy lawyers who had really impressive offices, and also know some great ones that have very modest office arrangements. :D

quincy

There is nothing automatically good or bad about a lawyer working from his/her home. There are all kinds of arrangements that lawyers use to meet their particular needs in their practice. I'd focus on the skills of the lawyer, not what kind of office he or she has. Some clients get sucked into thinking that the lawyers with the fanciest offices are the best ones — some lawyers get fancy offices just for that reason. But I've seen some lousy lawyers who had really impressive offices, and also know some great ones that have very modest office arrangements. :D
I have already apologized to Ohiogal for my poorly worded post. :)

I should have said that if all I knew about the lawyer was that he worked from home, I would be reluctant to hire him. I would want to know more.

One of my closest friends is an attorney who works from home and he's a great lawyer. But I know his educational background, his experience, the skill he brings to his work, and his reasons for having a home office.

So, to all of the home-based attorneys who took offense, I apologize if my post seemed to imply you are not good lawyers. That was not my intent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">