• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are verbal contracts valid in CA.?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

David J.

What is the name of your state?CA
I have a verbal agreement which stated, "you will own half of the property upon payment of $..." followed by a handshake with witness. Now, it has been said - after payment, you do not own anything! What are my legal rights? Is a verbal contract valid? This was an agreement made with a long term "friend" no paperwork was signed. Please help!!!

David J. said:
I have a verbal agreement which stated, "you will own half of the property upon payment of $..." followed by a handshake with witness. Now, it has been said - after payment, you do not own anything! What are my legal rights? Is a verbal contract valid? This was an agreement made with a long term "friend" no paperwork was signed. Please help!!!
Unfortunately, you are out of luck.

BelizeBreeze

David J. said:
after payment you own nothing, nada, zilch, zip.

get it? Verbal contracts are worthless in Real Estate dealings.

HomeGuru

David J. said:

**A: verbal agreements for the purchase and sale of real estate is unenforceable in all 50 states. Search statutes of frauds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">