• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Area in Original Sales Deed is less than Actual Area of my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Neeraj_Aggarwal

I own a house purchased by my grandfather around 70 years ago. Now I am going to sell it but the problem is that area in Original documents is 25 square gaj less then actual area. All the buyers are ready to pay for the Area mentioned in documents rather than Actual Area. It is costing me in lacks. Is there any way out possible in my situation. Is it possible to change the original documents or can I quote the actual area of my property in new sales deed. Please reply ASAP.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
By your use of the term "square gaj", I suspect that you are located somewhere in India.

This is a US site. In the US land is usually described in terms of acres, not square yards (3' by 3'; 9 square feet).

Thank you for the vocabulary lesson. "Gaj" is not even a term used in US engineering text books, not even in the section about converting between British and SI units. As if foot pounds and slugs weren't bad enough.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">