• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Army Regulation on emails

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

layla449

What is the name of your state? Georgia

What is the regulation that covers emails sent to and from army assigned emails?

The email is a USAREC(Army Recruiting) account.

The issue: As a spouse and Company FRG leader I used my aol account to send an email to my friends. Some of these friends had military emails. The Company Commander found issue with the email and said it was inappropriate.
The word Damn was in the email and he said this was in violation of the Army regs. He gave my husband, an E-7, a negative counseling and informed him he would speak with his wife on the matter and that it never happen again.

This is the first time in 12 years of service that my husband has ever recieved any kind of negative action.

He is not a sub standard soldier, in fact he is one of the hardest working soldiers in our Company.

The Commander said the next step would be UCMJ action. How can he say this when this is the first counseling my husband has recieved? I could understand if this had happened several times and warnings been ignored.He has also sent a flag to prevent my husband from reenlistment. And.....asked him to right a 5 page report on the innapropriate action of the spouse.

I have recently quit as FRG leader because I felt our Commander was acting inappropriately....his action were subtle enough to not be acted against but still weird enough to make me uncomfortable.

In the past year our Commander has never had a problem with my husband. Since I've quit as FRG leader he has had occasion to find fault with my husband at least 6 times in the past month.

It is becoming worse and my husband refuses to take action.

Now he is aiming his attacks at me.

The email was a feel good poem about Christmas and the true meaning of the season. I recieved several emails from my friends complimenting me on it.

Does anyone know what I can do to stop these personal attacks from this Commander?

badapple40

Have your husband file an Article 138 complaint against the Commander.

If he won't take action, maybe you should write the Army Inspector General, your Congressman, Senator, and explain that this dude is threatening your husband because of something you did.

csporluck

Sounds like the Commander-dude is harrassing you. Speak with the JAG regarding this. Can't hurt, doesn't cost any money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">