• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Army Reserve BAh and TDY

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I am an RC soldier on TDY orders to MacDill AFB. The orders did not authorize movement of family or HHG. However, due to the many years I have spent in an unaccompanied status (normal for RC members) I chose to move my family, at my own personal expense to my TDY location. I declined Family Sep Pay but IAW JFTR and my orders, I am collecting BAH based upon my HOR at the time I received my orders. Last week, I sold my primary residence in CT and need to determine how to handle my change in status.

In reviewing the JFTR, I determined that my BAH rate for the entire tour (when TDY orders do not authorize movement of HHGs) is determined by the location of my PDS, when I received the orders. (JFTR 10428-B and 10428-D).

Does selling my house and relocating my family change my PDS, even if PCS is not authorized/directed by orders?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential