• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arraigned without consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janamb816

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I need to know if it is against my due process to be arraigned without my consent the Judge just arraigned me when I was trying to get an appeal on the denial from the public defenders office?

quincy

thank u I go back to court in the morning in front of a new judge who is supposed to help me with the appeal of denial from the public defenders office.
Why the denial from the public defenders office? Do you not meet the eligibility requirements?

quincy

No I did.
That was a smart move on your part. It is almost always advised to plead not guilty until you have the chance to speak to an attorney.

The arraignment is a reading of the charges against you. The judge needed to advise you of your right to an attorney.

janamb816

My problem with all of this is I have a co-defendant who has already been appointed a public defender so due to conflict of interest they will have to hire me an attorney, I live in K.C. but this case is out of a much smaller town in Phelps Co and I have a record granted its been 18 years since I have had a conviction but I've had more than a few so I have to be represented or they will hang me down there

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">