• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrears Child-Support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gisvc

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I am a mother of two children. I remarried in 2002 and this year my husband adopted my children. In 10 years my ex-husband never paid any child support, kept medical insurance or paid any of the medical bills. The state took his rights away under the Abondement and more then $10,000 being behind in support claus. He is still responsible for the arrears but refuses to pay. If he does pay anything will wont get any rights back will he? The state just referred the case to the prosecutors office and he is on probation for other reasons. Am I wrong for making him pay for the back support even though my husband feels that I should drop it? He feels that is why he adopted them so he could take care of them. I feel that my kids done without for alot of things and they should be intitled to something. Any answers for me???

GISVC

LdiJ

gisvc said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri

I am a mother of two children. I remarried in 2002 and this year my husband adopted my children. In 10 years my ex-husband never paid any child support, kept medical insurance or paid any of the medical bills. The state took his rights away under the Abondement and more then $10,000 being behind in support claus. He is still responsible for the arrears but refuses to pay. If he does pay anything will wont get any rights back will he? The state just referred the case to the prosecutors office and he is on probation for other reasons. Am I wrong for making him pay for the back support even though my husband feels that I should drop it? He feels that is why he adopted them so he could take care of them. I feel that my kids done without for alot of things and they should be intitled to something. Any answers for me???

GISVC
No, once an adoption has become final its final. Your ex can't get any rights back. However, he is still obligated to pay the arrearages...and there is nothing wrong with making him pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">