• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrears payments cap.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My ex-husband owes $30,000.00 in arrears for child support. When I asked my Child Support office why (now the kids are over 18) am I only getting $150 per month towards this huge balance, I was told the last court order stated only that amount is to be paid towards arrears. How can I get this modified even though there is no longer any current child support order.


Senior Member
It will be a long shot, but you will have to do it yourself because CSSD will not work an arrears only case. If the amount is set t $150/mo and he's paying it, that's probably what you're going to get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential