• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrest warrant extending to nyc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

plalley

What is the name of your state? new york state

i have a warrant for my arrest in the town of southampton, long island. it is for a missed court appearance for public urination. is it possible that this warrant extends to the nyc city limits?? if so, how do i find out???

any help much appreciated...

HomeGuru

plalley said:
What is the name of your state? new york state

i have a warrant for my arrest in the town of southampton, long island. it is for a missed court appearance for public urination. is it possible that this warrant extends to the nyc city limits?? if so, how do i find out???

any help much appreciated...
**A: urine a lot of trouble now.

racer72

If the warrant is in the NCIC database, you could subject to arrest anywhere in the US. And being as NYC is part of NY, there is a good chance the warrant will be effective anywhere in the state. It depends on how your state logs warrants.

JETX

"i have a warrant for my arrest in the town of southampton, long island. it is for a missed court appearance for public urination. is it possible that this warrant extends to the nyc city limits??"
*** Not only probable, but VERY likely.

"if so, how do i find out???"
*** Obviously, you can ask the police. Or you can wait until you get pulled over in a traffic stop and find out.

Oh, and next time you feel compelled to urinate in public, do us all a favor and pee on 'NYMinute'. He normally pays extra for that. :D

S

sealadders

Arrest Warrant NYC

In an attempt to give a REAL answer, it is YES! A warrant for nonappearance is a misdemenor and does not extend across state lines. However, it is good anywhere in the initiating state..

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">