• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested 1st time for possession 2 joints~what will they do?~

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LMSU13

:eek: :eek: I'm 19 & a soph. in College. Ridin' back to campus with friend. We shared a joint and I had 2 joints in my pocket. One rolled and the other loose all in a baggie. Cop stopped us cause buddy was goin'
5 miles over speed limit in a small town. Drivin' a corvette didn't help. Cop couldn't find anything and was going to let us go...Mr. Flattop Badass pulled up like we had just robbed a bank...he ransacked the car still couldn't find anything. The cops could smell the pot though) Arrested us and on the way they said if we had anything on us it would be a felony if we took it into the station. I then gave them the pot that I had moved to the front of my pants. Buddy arrested for DUI and I got arrested for possession. I,ve NEVER done a thing--no record--what will they do to me. If I get some time even 2 weeks I could flunk out!! Does anyone have a clue what this Lawyer will cost me? Can I get this off of my record one day!!! No more pot for me!!! KY

------------------
LMSU3113

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You did a stupid thing, I hope you know. I am in the entertainment industry, I see artists on a daily basis do this stuff -- it doesn't make you more creative and if anything, it makes you look dumb.

Now, well, you may be able to get this dismissed if your arrest was on false grounds. I am not sure if SMELLING anything constitutes probable cause to arrest.

A lawyer may not cost you too much if you do it right. Try attorneypages.com or contact your state bar and see what type of free program they have...maybe because you are in school you may qualifiy to be repped by someone in the legal aid foundation of your county/state.

Eventually, you can get it off of your record via an expungement if you get convicted. Otherwise, if it is dimissed, it should be completely off your record or have your attorney make sure it is sealed permanently.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">