• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested but released without any paperwork or "citation" or courtdate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TylerScrib

How long it takes to be served is based on NUMEROUS factors. The fact is: you have AT LEAST a year of worrying about whether or not charges are filed against you. You will be wise to have whomever resides at your "current residence" to keep you appraised of whether or not official documentation has been served to your last known residence.

AZ will track what charges you could be potentially faced with when they make the "arrest". They may charge you, or they may not. Regardless, the notes are there on your record. AZ does keep a public-access record of all court documents: http://apps.supremecourt.az.gov/publicaccess/

This will track the findings of the officers, most times, even if you have not been formally presented of charges.

If you have not properly been served any charges, then you are not likely being charged with anything. Arizona is QUITE the fan of SCARING you "straight". However, you should stay on top of tracking whether or not you are being charged. If you have an attorney: GREAT! utilize that service! If not, then you should keep checking with the courts to see if you need to make an appearance. Your ignorance of the need to appear in court will NOT be an affirmative defense to your situation, so do make every attempt to make sure you attend any court-required attendance.
Thanks for the response, I have been checking all their websites everyday. I checked also checked the Maricopa county mugshot website the day after and the following days after that and did not see my face. I have also checked the Maricopa list of warrants/records and nothing was on there. I am the only one that lives at my house so I would know if anything arrived.

Again, appreciate the responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">