• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested for convicted felon in possession of fire arm and endangering welfare of a minor 2 counts and none of It true dismissed year later but lost b

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Here is a link to the Disorderly Conduct, Class C misdemeanor charge under which (I think) angel eventually was convicted:

https://law.justia.com/codes/arkansas/2017/title-5/subtitle-6/chapter-71/subchapter-2/section-5-71-207/

I continue to have some concern that children were removed from angel's care by DHS. I have a problem with someone losing custody of children based on unfounded "felon in possession of firearms/endangering children" charges.

I admit to having a bias against DHS. I have personal experience with a family whose young boy was removed from his parents home based on an unfounded charge and, although the son was returned to the family after lawyers stepped in to offer free legal assistance to the parents, the incident was traumatic for the family (especially the child).

Obviously we do not have all of the facts here, and the facts we have been given are confused, but I worry about those who cannot afford an attorney to represent their interests. No one should be forced to fight DHS on their own.
I read it as he was drunk and in possession of the gun. That is a problem. And endangers the children. And as far as biases go... Yeah... Trust me on that...

quincy

I read it as he was drunk and in possession of the gun. That is a problem. And endangers the children. And as far as biases go... Yeah... Trust me on that...
The posts were difficult to decipher. If she was drunk and ARMED with a gun, that is a whole different picture - and my answers would be different.

You have issues. You had a gun. You were drunk. The police were called. The level of proof to substantiate a DHS investigation is lower than that for a criminal investigation. The children were endangered by your actions. You state you don't drink in your other thread but you admit to being extremely drunk. You don't understand how that endangers CHILDREN? Seriously? Putting children in a dangerous situation is abusive. These children are NOT yours -- they are your grandchildren. They have parents. And I disagree with Quincy about mistakes being made with removing the children because the charges were later reduced.
First of all I don't drink. I had several things in my life that happened tragically every week for a month that I couldn't take no more and with both of my children there both of my grandbabies parents I decided I was going to have a few drinks just to try and relax. Second of all I had guardianship of the little girl and raising the little boy. Third off I never shot a gun it was just in my house which is perfectly legal. Forth my grandbabies were asleep so I don't know where your coming from in any point here by saying anything you just said because all of what you said was incorrect. I got on here for advice not to be judged by you telling me that those were not mine when you have no idea whose they are I didn't have them but I was the one raising both of them since birth. Also how to you say it was endangering them or abuse to them in anyway when I wasn't there with them alone nor did I shot a gun and them never even seeing me pick up a drink that happened after I put them to bed so please before you come on here saying incorrect stuff about a situation know your FACTS that's why it was dropped

quincy

First of all I don't drink. I had several things in my life that happened tragically every week for a month that I couldn't take no more and with both of my children there both of my grandbabies parents I decided I was going to have a few drinks just to try and relax. Second of all I had guardianship of the little girl and raising the little boy. Third off I never shot a gun it was just in my house which is perfectly legal. Forth my grandbabies were asleep so I don't know where your coming from in any point here by saying anything you just said because all of what you said was incorrect. I got on here for advice not to be judged by you telling me that those were not mine when you have no idea whose they are I didn't have them but I was the one raising both of them since birth. Also how to you say it was endangering them or abuse to them in anyway when I wasn't there with them alone nor did I shot a gun and them never even seeing me pick up a drink that happened after I put them to bed so please before you come on here saying incorrect stuff about a situation know your FACTS that's why it was dropped
Your original post was a little confusing as you worded it. A misunderstanding or misinterpretation should not be unexpected under the circumstances.

I was drunk and standing at my doorway when the cops got there I am a she. The cops came in a searched my house without my consent and not allowing my children in my house and found the guns. They had a call saying I was outside shooting a gun and that I was drunk. The cops came I was in my doorway and they asked me I said no they took me in made my children wait outside this was 1:30 am and shut my door ran my name and it came back I was a convicted felon which was not true and they just started searching my house found 2 guns and said I was arrested for convicted felon in possession of a firearm and endangering the welfare of a minor times 2. They lied about all of that I was not a convicted felon and that's why it was dropped and the endangering was a lie to because I never shot a gun or did anything wrong I just got drunk so they had to drop it all but had to charge me with something o they did disorderly conduct. I have never done anything but smoke cigarettes those babies were my life I gave up my whole life for them to raise them so they wouldn't be around that and drugs and no food. But when your 4 year old baby comes to you and says her pawpaw touched her well that's the first thing that happened and I lost my mind and went crazy and begged my sister to take her bc I wasn't mentally able at that time. I only had hate and revenge on my mind to him but no one would help me and take her just till I could get it together. Then my car blew up on me a week later. Then my daughter told me she had cervical cancer and that was it I couldn't take no more and I asked both my children over so I could try and get that off my mind just even for a min and have some drinks. Well that night was the last night of my life I died that night and I know I was wrong for drinking I wish to God I could go back I messed up and in return I lost my babies and my mind. Hope that clears some things up I won't be commenting back I was just coming here for some legal advice on how I could get justice on the way they did what they did to me. Thank you all have a great night.

quincy

I was drunk and standing at my doorway when the cops got there I am a she. The cops came in a searched my house without my consent and not allowing my children in my house and found the guns. They had a call saying I was outside shooting a gun and that I was drunk. The cops came I was in my doorway and they asked me I said no they took me in made my children wait outside this was 1:30 am and shut my door ran my name and it came back I was a convicted felon which was not true and they just started searching my house found 2 guns and said I was arrested for convicted felon in possession of a firearm and endangering the welfare of a minor times 2. They lied about all of that I was not a convicted felon and that's why it was dropped and the endangering was a lie to because I never shot a gun or did anything wrong I just got drunk so they had to drop it all but had to charge me with something o they did disorderly conduct. I have never done anything but smoke cigarettes those babies were my life I gave up my whole life for them to raise them so they wouldn't be around that and drugs and no food. But when your 4 year old baby comes to you and says her pawpaw touched her well that's the first thing that happened and I lost my mind and went crazy and begged my sister to take her bc I wasn't mentally able at that time. I only had hate and revenge on my mind to him but no one would help me and take her just till I could get it together. Then my car blew up on me a week later. Then my daughter told me she had cervical cancer and that was it I couldn't take no more and I asked both my children over so I could try and get that off my mind just even for a min and have some drinks. Well that night was the last night of my life I died that night and I know I was wrong for drinking I wish to God I could go back I messed up and in return I lost my babies and my mind. Hope that clears some things up I won't be commenting back I was just coming here for some legal advice on how I could get justice on the way they did what they did to me. Thank you all have a great night.
That is a sad story. I'm sorry.

You can refer back to the advice offered earlier, and to the links with resources in your area.

Good luck.

Eekamouse

Was Pawpaw your husband?

quincy

Better yet,

From post # 18

Also from post # 18
There are obvious flaws in the story, even with angel's clarification.

I suspect she was charged appropriately with disorderly conduct, and the initial removal of the children from the home also seems appropriate.

But I still question loss of custody.

Because of the severe consequences suffered based apparently on unsupportable first charges, it seems worth it for angeleyes to see an attorney in her area.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I responded to the facts that you gave. You did drink because you were DRUNK. You owned guns. I am not seeing where anyone did you wrong as I work these cases for a living as an attorney and guardian ad litem. So quit stating you DO NOT DRINK. You did. YOU WERE DRUNK PER YOUR OWN WORDS. Therefore you are not believable or credible. I stand by what I have said in this thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">