• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrested for medical bills that adc didn't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kimbrit

My daughter in law was arrested for medical bills from 3 or 4 years ago that medicaid (ADC) was suppose to pay. It is hard to tell if the coldwater community hospital failed to sumit the bills or if ADC didn't pay them. However, she proved that she was'nt responsible. She called several times to make sure the hospital had the information they needed. When she received the court papers from the lawyer representing the hospital she took all the paper work into the lawyer. It was her understanding that the situation was done. Then recently she was arrested. She has yet to see a judge. Each time she goes for a hearing she ends up in a room alone with this lawyer. He asked her why she wasn't working she replied she had just had a baby. He wrote on the paper that she REFUSED to work. He further told her that they would NOT go after ADC for the money owing and she would have to pay it. This jerk and this hospital has put SEVERAL people in jail over medical bills. It seems to me the people I have spoke to don't have money for a lawyer so the are at the mercy of this jerk. I can't believe that in this day and age with medical being an issue with the government that people are being put in jail over MEDICAL bills......These people need help. Do they have any rights at all ??
This jerk told her that it is not over and she can be arrested again over the same issue. She has had two court dates already since she was arrested and each time she gets stuck alone in a room with this jerk. I don't understand isn't she allowed a court appointed lawyer ???? I hope somebody out there can help her and maybe some of these others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">