• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested for self defense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The cops haven't asked for it because the cops are planning to railroad your boyfriend into jail. Often, when there is a physical altercation, the first person who speaks to the cops is treated by the cops as the victim. If the neighbor spoke to the cops first, the cops are treating the neighbor as the victim - which means that the cops will try to avoid looking at any evidence that could clear your boyfriend.
Complete nonsense and of no use whatsoever. OP - please don't listen to this gobbledygook.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My boyfriend was walking to my apartment from his car. An neighbor in another building was staring at him and my boyfriend said " can I help you"? They guy came down and kicked a box at him then got in his face and starting cussing at him and then grabbed his throat. My boyfriend had a can of tuna and soup in one hand and a beer bottle in another. His first instinct was to hit him with the beer bottle. The guy didn't go to the hospital, although ambulance came. My boyfriend went to jail and the guy denied doing anything. First offense for my boyfriend.
What was your BF doing with a bottle of beer just after leaving the car? Was he drinking and driving? And tuna and soup in the other hand...odd that.

Just Blue

The cops haven't asked for it because the cops are planning to railroad your boyfriend into jail. Often, when there is a physical altercation, the first person who speaks to the cops is treated by the cops as the victim. If the neighbor spoke to the cops first, the cops are treating the neighbor as the victim - which means that the cops will try to avoid looking at any evidence that could clear your boyfriend.

Make sure that your boyfriend gets an attorney, and that the attorney subpoenas the videotape BEFORE the videotape is erased.
Really...What KNOWLEDGE do YOU have that this is a "railroad"?? How can YOU, based on this third party and never saw the situation person, state such an outlandish comment? Please tell me ...I am dying to know. :rolleyes:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Simple. The cops are not interested in a video that could exonerate the boyfriend.
Again, what knowledge do you have of this?

It seems that you have some personal agenda - please refrain from posting it in such a way as to derail (no pun intended) threads.

Why isnt your boyfriend on here doing the asking? Seems like I've seen the senior members ask that alot of others on here who post for other people.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why isnt your boyfriend on here doing the asking? Seems like I've seen the senior members ask that alot of others on here who post for other people.
That's a fair enough point. However, the BF should NOT come on here - the BF should be shutting up and talking ONLY to his attorney. The fact that he even told his GF (the OP) wasn't the smartest thing in the world. The GF should never have come on a forum and posted questions about her BF's alleged crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">