• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Article of impeachment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? United States

Approximately 45 minutes ago this appeared:
http://abc13.com/politics/congressman-al-green-joins-bid-to-impeach-pres-trump/2209732/

They filed an article of impeachment against Trump.

Just Blue

http://abc13.com/politics/congressman-al-green-joins-bid-to-impeach-pres-trump/2209732/

:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member

It’s premature; a bit of political grandstanding for those filing it. There is simply not yet enough consensus that Trump has done anything worthy of impeachment and removal from office to garner the necessary votes in the House and the Senate. Not liking the guy and thinking him incompetent, racist, sexist, or whatever else is not the same thing as saying he has committed “Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors” which is the standard set by the Constitution for removal from office. See Article II, § 4. They ought to wait until the special prosecutor completes his investigation before going down this road.

Just Blue

It’s premature; a bit of political grandstanding for those filing it. There is simply not yet enough consensus that Trump has done anything worthy of impeachment and removal from office to garner the necessary votes in the House and the Senate. Not liking the guy and thinking him incompetent, racist, sexist, or whatever else is not the same thing as saying he has committed “Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors” which is the standard set by the Constitution for removal from office. See Article II, § 4. They ought to wait until the special prosecutor completes his investigation before going down this road.
Personally I think he should have a mental health eval done with PET/CAT Scan. Dude is ill.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Serious question: Do you believe while the GOP control the House that there will EVER be the necessary votes?

Second: Obstruction of justice -- do you believe he engaged in it -- why or why not? He fired the man investigating and wanted him to stop investigating Flynn per his own words. And Comey's. That is -- legally -- enough. Have had those cases on a local basis.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Serious question: Do you believe while the GOP control the House that there will EVER be the necessary votes?
Actually ... yes. I do think that's entirely possible. Pence, while quietly terrifying in his own right, is not a stupid man; there will come a point where the key members of the GOP will say (again rather quietly) "Alright, chaps. He's served his purpose, and now it's time to "assist" him out of the Oval Office". Let's not forget that Pence would have never had a shot running on his own ticket; having him run as Trump's VP was possibly the smartest thing the GOP has done in years.

Second: Obstruction of justice -- do you believe he engaged in it -- why or why not? He fired the man investigating and wanted him to stop investigating Flynn per his own words. And Comey's. That is -- legally -- enough. Have had those cases on a local basis.
I think there's enough ambiguity that the interference by itself won't be enough to support a criminal complaint or impeachment (I reserve the right to change my opinion if it becomes obvious that a key player has made a deal and is ready to sing).

While my first instinct is to yell, "OH GOD GET HIM OUT OF THERE NOW", it will require great care and patience to make sure it sticks. This cannot be rushed.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since with the House it only needs a simple majority, I think it is possible that we *might* get it through the House. I don't think we can get a two-thirds majority in the Senate.

I agree with Tax that this is premature, and with CTU that this needs to be managed very slowly.

Just Blue

Just turned on CNN. Reporting that "White House in Crisis" "President holding prayer meeting in oval office". So sad...too bad.

Just Blue

... are you sure they weren't trying an exorcism?

:p
OMG!! That was GOOD...Very good. And you may need to buy me a new laptop. ;)

But seriously. We need this president out of office...along with his family. Whatever is left is better than them (yes THEM!! as "they" seem to have greater power than the "president").

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">