• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asbestos but NO Asbestos

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Derrick1

What is the name of your state? NJ What is the name of your state? NJ I am demolishing my home and rebuilding it, The demolition company surveyed my home and schedule to demo. This house, The day before the date was set they said I have asbestos and needs to be removed (outside singles are asbestos, testing was done and confirmed) the demo. Com. hired another company to remove asbestos, they came in on Saturday and while removing this singles I asked the supervisor that after this the house will be asbestos free? So the demo. Company can demolish this house on Monday he checked inside the house and told me that my floor tiles are asbestos based tiles and that instead of $2400.00 they will charge me $1200.00. I agreed because otherwise the demo comp. will not demolish house on Monday if it contains asbestos The whole scenario sounded fishy so I took samples of the tiles from my home and got tested it myself; I am not shocked they are not asbestos based tiles. I am robbed by $1200 but this asbestos removal company would really really appreciate any help.

HomeGuru

Derrick1 said:
What is the name of your state? NJ What is the name of your state? NJ I am demolishing my home and rebuilding it, The demolition company surveyed my home and schedule to demo. This house, The day before the date was set they said I have asbestos and needs to be removed (outside singles are asbestos, testing was done and confirmed) the demo. Com. hired another company to remove asbestos, they came in on Saturday and while removing this singles I asked the supervisor that after this the house will be asbestos free? So the demo. Company can demolish this house on Monday he checked inside the house and told me that my floor tiles are asbestos based tiles and that instead of $2400.00 they will charge me $1200.00.

**A: so they were nice guys and gave you a 50% DISCOUNT while doing more work?

I agreed because otherwise the demo comp. will not demolish house on Monday if it contains asbestos The whole scenario sounded fishy so I took samples of the tiles from my home and got tested it myself; I am not shocked they are not asbestos based tiles. I am robbed by $1200 but this asbestos removal company would really really appreciate any help.
**A: what method did you use to do the test? Are you aware that those home type kits you buy at the local hardware store are not that accurate.
Did you have 9"X9" VAT (Vinyl Asbestos Tile)? Did you know that the mastic used to secure the tiles can also be ACM?

JETX

Derrick1 said:
What is the name of your state? NJ What is the name of your state? NJ I am demolishing my home and rebuilding it, The demolition company surveyed my home and schedule to demo. This house, The day before the date was set they said I have asbestos and needs to be removed (outside singles are asbestos, testing was done and confirmed) the demo. Com. hired another company to remove asbestos, they came in on Saturday and while removing this singles I asked the supervisor that after this the house will be asbestos free? So the demo. Company can demolish this house on Monday he checked inside the house and told me that my floor tiles are asbestos based tiles and that instead of $2400.00 they will charge me $1200.00. I agreed because otherwise the demo comp. will not demolish house on Monday if it contains asbestos The whole scenario sounded fishy so I took samples of the tiles from my home and got tested it myself; I am not shocked they are not asbestos based tiles. I am robbed by $1200 but this asbestos removal company would really really appreciate any help.
Thank you for your wonderful post. However, this is a legal advice website. Was there a legal question in there somewhere??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">