• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asked Human Resources worker when she was off clock then When I was off clock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zddoodah

So what trouble can I be in if it was reported?
You haven't clearly told us what you did.

You told us that, 3-5 times (over an unstated period of time), you asked your friend's wife, who apparently is also employed in the HR department of your employer, "about asking to hangout with other people." I have no idea what it means to ask someone "about asking to hangout" means, but your inquiries apparently caused this woman to block you on Instagram.

Your only question appears to be about the likelihood of you being fired.

I would hope it obvious that, without any clear indication of exactly what you asked this woman, and without any knowledge of your employer, no one here will have the slightest idea how likely it is that you might be fired (and, again, the likelihood of you being fired is not a legal issue). What I can tell you is that nothing you have posted suggests that any termination would be unlawful.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
So what trouble can I be in if it was reported?
You can be fired. Making a woman "uncomfortable" often means you are harassing her. The WORST person to harass is someone in HR; HR doesn't even need to do much of an investigation of the complaint, because it is one their own - hence highly credible.

At the very least, you can expect that any other complaints or grievances against you will get a closer look.

How likely do you think I’m good if I leave her alone?
You are more likely to keep your job and not be penalized if you leave her alone. If you leave her alone, then she has reason to believe that your intentions are not bad.

Mind you this happened in the am and I didn’t get talked to at all about this today.
Too soon to tell, but I can guarantee that the fallout will be worse if you don't get a clue quickly, and leave her alone.

Also, answer Zd's Q: what sort of timeline are you talking about?

Practical advice: given your posting history, please get a physical exam and a mental health evaluation. If, for example, you are on the spectrum, this is useful to have an actual diagnosis. If, however, you are not just benignly neural atypical, you need help in addressing the issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">