• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asked if the sunroof leaks, they said no, sunroof leaks.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

btkring

What is the name of your state? California/Nevada

I live in California. I recently purchased a 2016 F-150 in Las Vegas, NV. Carfax showed there was service performed on the sunroof in 2018. Prior to purchase, on two separate occasions I asked if the sunroof leaked. I was told that the vehicle was washed twice a week and that they had a series of rain showers and that if there was a leak they would have seen it. I took them for their word. I washed the vehicle the day after the purchase and the sunroof leaks. I called the sales associate, he talked to two managers, they say "sorry, we didn't see a leak, nothing we can do." I escalated to the general manager. It sounded like he was interested in resolution. I sent a video of the leak. I have sent 2 subsequent emails and left 2 voicemails but he now refuses to respond. I have text messages detailing my concern about the sunroof prior to purchase. Do I have any recourse here?

adjusterjack

I took them for their word.
Your mistake.

Should have taken a hose to it before you made the deal.

How can you tell if a car dealer is lying? His lips are moving.

Do I have any recourse here?
Probably out of warranty by now and I'm guessing you signed an "as is" purchase contract.

Though maybe an outright lie could get you somewhere in small claims court. See if you can get the leak fixed somewhere, pay for it, then sue the dealer in small claims court for reimbursement. Maybe the hassle of being served a lawsuit might get the dealer to pay for the repairs to avoid the hassle.

Might also report this to your local TV or newspaper consumer advocate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">