• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asked to remove earrings.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leo86

What is the name of your state?Ohio

If a guy has been asked to remove earrings by mouth but is never presented documentation saying that earrings on men are not allowed by dresscode and gets fire, is there any form of action you can take.
What if you notice other guys on shifts with earrings in, but are not being asked to take them out?

BelizeBreeze

leo86 said:
What is the name of your state?Ohio

If a guy has been asked to remove earrings by mouth but is never presented documentation saying that earrings on men are not allowed by dresscode and gets fire, is there any form of action you can take.
What if you notice other guys on shifts with earrings in, but are not being asked to take them out?
You can be fired for wearing them or not wearing them. Look up 'at will' employment .

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, one course of action I can see is for you to remove the earring.

It is not necessary for there to have been any written notification of a policy for the policy to be valid. So if your boss or HR or anyone else in authority told you to remove your earring and you did not and were fired for it, that's perfectly legal whether you had anything in writing or not.

If other departments want to allow their guys to wear earrings, or if they are allowed on other shifts, that's nothing to do with you. Unless you have a VALID reason to believe that you and only you were told to remove your earring BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin etc., then all that matters is that YOU were told to remove yours.

There can be valid reasons for permitting it for some people and not for others; differing levels of customer contact, safety issues, etc.

leo86

ty

Well thank you for the information. I did remove the earring if you were wondering. I mainly felt that how it was presented by the boss in front of other employess and customers was ridiculous.

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

. . . then that would be a pretty neat trick!

cbg, wouldn't you like to go out with a guy who had that talent?

IAAL
Leave it to you to point that out, it does spark the immagination ;)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

leo86 said:
wow what did this turn into lol :eek:

My response:

It turned into something else because of your poor choice of words, and your failure to understand English grammar.

That's what happens when you skip English class. You wind up communicating something wholly different than what you had intended.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">