• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault Charges to a Minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

difranco

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My wife is in a hairy situation. She was attacked in a local shopping store by a family (In particular a 16 year old Minor) this weekend. We were told buy the police to file a Minor Assult Petition at a Juvenile intake.
The Officer told us we had up to 12 months to files iot however we just a call from the officer stating that the other party filed assault charges against my wife... We are livid and angry however the police officer was there and is willing to speak on behlaf of my wife stating the my wife acted in self defence and IS the victim...

We will go file papers and such but was wondering what can we expect? what are some of the pitfalls we should look out for and what rights do we have as far as filing a lawsuit if it can come to that...

Thanks..

dequeendistress

Get a copy of the original police report, see if the officer noted that your wife was acting in defense.

You probably should go ahead with your charges although now it may look like retaliation
and I would suggest retaining an attorney if in fact the minors parents have filed suit or criminal charges.

Downfalls----your wife with a history of criminal activity undeserved (according to your post)

C

camero94

difranco said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia

My wife is in a hairy situation. She was attacked in a local shopping store by a family (In particular a 16 year old Minor) this weekend. We were told buy the police to file a Minor Assult Petition at a Juvenile intake.
The Officer told us we had up to 12 months to files iot however we just a call from the officer stating that the other party filed assault charges against my wife... We are livid and angry however the police officer was there and is willing to speak on behlaf of my wife stating the my wife acted in self defence and IS the victim...

We will go file papers and such but was wondering what can we expect? what are some of the pitfalls we should look out for and what rights do we have as far as filing a lawsuit if it can come to that...

Thanks..
tell her to shave.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: Assault Charges to a Minor

camero94 said:
tell her to shave.

==================================

My response:

Finally! You've finally decided to say something useful!

Now, go back to your bottle and get drunk.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">