• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Green

My friend was driving her car with this girl she just met for a night on the town. The girl was having a lot of tension because someone cut us off on the road, and told my friend to stop the car. The car was stopped, and my friend got out of the car, and assaulted the driver of the car with a bottle (deadly weapon). Somehow, the license plates were ran, and my friend got caught, but she didn't do anything. But, they won't believe her because she doesn't know where that girl is.. only her name. Her lawyer said to plea guilty, for assault, and no jail time is incurrent. What should she do?

J

jd

She should either trust her attorney and follow the attorney's advice - or find a new lawyer.

T

Tracey

2 words: accomplice liability

What did she think the other girl was going to do when she stopped the second car? Give them a hug? She knew or knowingly disregarded the possibility that the other girl would become violent towards the driver. She stopped anyway. Stopping the other car could be construed as unlawful imprisonment. It was definitely aiding and abbetting and she's guilty of assault as an accomplice. Is there any difference in your state between the sentences for assault & accomplice to assualt?

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">