• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assination of charactor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pugs

While working in a state capital building for a local contractor five other co-workers and
myself were working in an attic space together for maybe 30(min). While on break the general contractor came through saying that someone was missing tickets of some kind
and if they did not turn up he was sending everyone on the job home. A few hours later
the GC called a meeting at which time he had two state police officers and around 30 people that was on the job. He then brought up the tickets and stated that, if no-one turned them in he would kick everybody off the job or we could do a vollintary search.
As far as I now everyone supmitted to the search. Nothing was found we went back to work. Later I found out from my forman that
they suspected one of the five of us for taking the tickets. Keep in mind that the attic that we were working in is split into
sections divided by brick walls, with at least 2 different entrances. We were told that the GC wanted to search us but my forman told them that they would have to search
everyone. The owner of the company we were
working for came down and informed us that the GC wanted four of us off the job, but the
were familar with the fifth one and that he could stay yet,we all were working together.
I know I live in a right-to-work state and
there is no employee-employer relationship with the general contractor are selves, but
that's got to fall under something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">