• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assualt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

At a recent baseball game i was the umpire for, i belive i was assualted and harssed. I am 14 years old. The losing team complained about bad calls all game long. After the game, a coach from the opposing team approached me and cursed me out for a good 5 minutes about how bad i am and how much i suck. He the proceded to throw the score book at me, along with a pencil. Both objects struck me in the stomach. Do i have a case? Also, how much is it worth, and is it worth the hassle? Thank you.
~Jeremy~

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
At a recent baseball game i was the umpire for, i belive i was assualted and harssed. I am 14 years old. The losing team complained about bad calls all game long. After the game, a coach from the opposing team approached me and cursed me out for a good 5 minutes about how bad i am and how much i suck. He the proceded to throw the score book at me, along with a pencil. Both objects struck me in the stomach. Do i have a case? Also, how much is it worth, and is it worth the hassle? Thank you.
~Jeremy~
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First of all Jeremy, I applaud you for involving yourself with sports. You are the better person if you did the best job you could in serving as the umpire. The other players and coach were all babies and poor sports. You should have called the police right away and filed a police report for assault and battery. You still can file a report now. The laws are stricter for harm to minor children. If the game was an organized sport through PAL, Little League etc. make a formal written complaint with the respective organization. Either way, that coach should be reprimanded, put on probation or replaced as coach. (his ass grass)

You have a harrassment case but not a personal injury claim. Not worth money but worth your time and effort in seeing justice so this kind of thing does not happen again to you or anyone else.

I hope you continue to umpire games and when you get frustrated just watch some WWF matches.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">