• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assuming water heater rental agreement from previous home Owner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessedbypotato

I will try to be precise :
Province Ontario, Region of peel
1. Bought a resale home where I agreed to assume water heater rental if assumable.
2. Closed on hose in July and its 2 months. There is no bill for heater rent.
3. Contacted the seller to check why there is no bill, turns out transfer of agreement was never done.
4. I want to assume contract , but seller or the company is not providing me with original contact details. They just want me to sign a new contract with no reference to earlier contract.

My Question:
Do I have the right to seek information on original contract (like penalty on termination etc. ) from seller or I have to sign whatever they send me now. Closing is done and I am living in house for 2 months.

quincy

I will try to be precise :
Province Ontario, Region of peel
1. Bought a resale home where I agreed to assume water heater rental if assumable.
2. Closed on hose in July and its 2 months. There is no bill for heater rent.
3. Contacted the seller to check why there is no bill, turns out transfer of agreement was never done.
4. I want to assume contract , but seller or the company is not providing me with original contact details. They just want me to sign a new contract with no reference to earlier contract.

My Question:
Do I have the right to seek information on original contract (like penalty on termination etc. ) from seller or I have to sign whatever they send me now. Closing is done and I am living in house for 2 months.
FreeAdvice addresses US law questions only. You will need to find assistance in Ontario. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">