• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At fault driver

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sweettweet

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I was at fault in an accident in November 2014 and their was $3000 damage to the other vehicle and none to mine. I had 25/50/25 coverage and we are both with State Farm. Two people were in the other car and I know one has been going for treatment. I worry because its been so long and if I had enough insurance to cover the personal injury claim. State Farm says my case won't come near that amount but I am still worried that one of them might try to sue me personally. In short, I am a nervous wreck because I think she might place a judgment on my house and my bank accounts if she doesn't want to settle.

Worried all the time.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You can't do anything except let your insurance company deal with the situation and be guided by their instructions and advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">