• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At fault insurance company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pelicans

I live in PA and was rearended and had minimal damage to my auto, and was left with a dislocated jaw and my head was knocked of its axis. My company paid for medical bills up to the limit and even had a peer review process done and found that damages were indeed related to the accident. I tried to get the at fault party to pay for medical expenses after my limit was exhausted and they offered my $1,000 and my bills and lost wages are well over that. This is the final offer and they never even had someone with medical experience review my file. Is this legal? It feels unfair to me especially since I am going to be turned into collections for overdue bills. Can someone please reply and provide a next step for me. My damages are over the at fault parties limits of liability. I just can't believe I may be stuck with these bills.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You take them to court at this point. Just because you have someone who paid (kind of like insurance coverage) doesn't bar you from seeking the amount to which you are entitled. To put it simply:

If your injury is $25,000. If your company only paid $10,000. You are still left with $15,000 left in damages. The at fault party owes you this.

BUt let's say your damages are $25,000 and your company paid all of this. You cannot then get a second recovery from the at fault party. That is called a double recovery and is not allowed.

Try attorneypages.com to get a lawyer to file a complaint and get the recovery you deserve. Obviously, good faith settlement negotiations are not working.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">