• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At Issue Memorandum

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mdemello

My fiance has been separated for 3 years. His wife decided to file for a divorce. She has since then done nothing about this. Due to financial circumstances, they decided to do the divorce themselves. A fee waiver was granted to my fiance, but hers was denied because she makes enough money. She has let the fee waiver lapse 3 times now. We have been engaged for a year and would like to move on with our lives. At this point, she is just being vindictive. We contacted the courts and they suggested an "AT ISSUE MEMORANDUM". The paper that they sent is in legalese. Can anyone help us with this? Can we take this to a lawyer or paralegal? I appreciate any help you can give us.

Michelle DeMello
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">