• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attack by bull!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lbard

My husband was sub-contracting for a guy who was doing repairs on this farm. He left my husband in a large free stall barn to work on some cow beds. At the time there where no cows in the barn. However, they soon started filing in along with a bull. My husband did not realize that the bull was in there until the bull had him cornered in a steel stantion. He charged my husband who ended up in ICU and hasn't worked since due to injuries sustained from this bull. 4 broken ribs, liver damage and back problems. This all happened on Sept 29, 2001. Our lawyer is saying we may not have a case because it would fall under the same laws as a dog bite would. He says," Every dog gets a free bite." I know there are laws on the books that says a bull 6months or older should be stantioned. Can anyone tell me what the statute number would be or how I go about finding it? Otsego County, New York. Thanks so much!

ALawyer

This is NOT an insurance question, but there sure would be liability on someone's part. Get advice from another accident / personal injury lawyer. They'll consult for free and if they take the case charge a percentage of the recovery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">