• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ATTN: I Am Always Liable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ozzys_mom

I have noticed that you seem to answer most peoples questions and give good advice. This will make the fourth time I've posted this and nobody has answered me although each post has been read 40 to 50 times. Will you please read my post and if you can help would you please do so???? THANK YOU!!!!!

What is the name of your state? virginia

My husband has a peace bond pending against him. My sister told her husband that my husband threatened to beat him up over money. This is a lie. What my husband said to my sister was "If he wants any money out of me he will have to beat me up to get it". This happened on 9/20/03. So a week after this had happened (I hadn't spoken to my sister or brother-in-law since the 20th) my brother-in-law called me to find out what was going on if my husband had indeed made a threat against him. I said no and told him what my husband had said. My brother-in-law said "I know your husband didn't threaten me we have always gotten along, never had a problem, and have always been civil to each other." He told me he knew his wife (my sister) was a liar and that she had lied again. Well I did not talk to them again after that. Then on 10/16/03 my husband was served with a warrant. We went to the sheriffs department and they fingerprinted him and took his picture and said the court date was 10/30/03. He was released on a $1,000 recoginance (sp?) bond. Well four days later my brother-in-law called my mother and said he lied on my husband and didn't know why he knew it was all a lie he just did it. What can I do??? We have to go to court Thursday. What are your suggestions???

Last edited:

HomeGuru

ozzys_mom said:
I have noticed that you seem to answer most peoples questions and give good advice. This will make the fourth time I've posted this and nobody has answered me although each post has been read 40 to 50 times. Will you please read my post and if you can help would you please do so???? THANK YOU!!!!!

What is the name of your state? virginia

my husband has a peace bond pending against him by our brother-in-law, my sisters husband, for threatening violence which is based on my sisters lie. because she told her husband that my husband threatened hers. i spoke to my brother-in-law and explained it to him that my sister had lied to him again and he said he knew that my husband never threatened him, that they (meaning my husband and sisters husband) had never had a problem, and always got along. i told my brother-in-law that my sister lied. he said he knew that my sister lied to him. then on 10/16/03 my brother-in-law filed the bond based on the lie my sister told him. what are my options? because the peace bond that he filed was based on something he knew for a fact to be a lie because he told me he believed me over her. that he knew my husband had never made a threat against him or anything. what can i do?
**A: you are dealing with unstable relatives. Hire a criminal law attorney and get this messed straightened out once and for all.

ozzys_mom

Thank you so much for answering me. Well more has happened since then. My sister went to my oldest sons workplace and talked to a co-worker about me. My sons co-worker said "My goodness the way your sister talked about you made you sound like you are the daughter of satan." I explained to her that we were having a difficult time and I wanted nothing to do with my sister. My sons co-worker told me she felt sorry for me because she didn't even know me and my sister talked about me like that. Well the other day I found out by my mother that my sister is now spreading lies about my husband to people he doesn't know and making him look bad. I can't get them to stop. But I'm afraid to do anything right now because of the peace bond thing. Should I tell the lawyer this as well???? Thank you again!!!!

HomeGuru

ozzys_mom said:
Thank you so much for answering me. Well more has happened since then. My sister went to my oldest sons workplace and talked to a co-worker about me. My sons co-worker said "My goodness the way your sister talked about you made you sound like you are the daughter of satan." I explained to her that we were having a difficult time and I wanted nothing to do with my sister. My sons co-worker told me she felt sorry for me because she didn't even know me and my sister talked about me like that. Well the other day I found out by my mother that my sister is now spreading lies about my husband to people he doesn't know and making him look bad. I can't get them to stop. But I'm afraid to do anything right now because of the peace bond thing. Should I tell the lawyer this as well???? Thank you again!!!!
**A: yes, if it makes you feel better.

D

dyinginside

sounds to me like she is guilty of falsifying a police report and slander if shes going around making your husband out to be of bad character etc. but talk to a lawyer definately im all opinion you need facts

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">