• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney Fees and Accompanying legal Documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Excuse me please, but have you read them? Because none of your world wide web wizardry addresses the OP's question as twice submitted; not before nor does the Florida court in the Rowe decision.

Regardless of what the future may entail, this particular poster has not inquired as to when nor why attorney fees are awarded to the prevailing party, nor how they are calculated. He concedes that he is "required to pay the attorney fees for the other side"! As ordered following an "evidentiary hearing". What he has asked for is:

Now some of us have said no. What do you say? Yes or no?
I disagree that what was provided did not answer the question asked - at least as much as it could be answered without knowing what the legal action was and what the evidentiary hearing was for. And, actually, clerky still hasn't answered those questions.

The itemized bill that is submitted to the judge for review is the same bill that would be submitted to the client by the attorney, based on the contract terms agreed to between client and attorney. The judge determines the costs to the losing party using the attorney's agreement with his client and a variety of other factors (with other factors as noted in the links I provided with my worldwide web wizardry). Judge's often give greatest weight to the amount billed by the attorney when determining the amount the losing party must pay.

That said, clerky should have learned upon what the amount awarded in attorney fees was based at an evidentiary hearing. That is why I wanted to know what the evidentiary hearing he was talking about was all about, if not that.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">